Thursday, April 21, 2011

Place: Vancouver Aquarium

I don't have much to say about the Aquarium except for this. It's a great place to practice nature photography. The water exhibits are well lit for optimal viewing potential which really lends itself to getting amazing jellyfish or anemone shots.
The day my friends and I went a couple weeks ago there was also an amazon exhibit, home to a few varieties of butterflies as well as colourful
reptiles arranged in beautiful homes safely behind glass.


It was the first time I had been there in about 15 years and nothing was familiar as I had hoped, but it was definitely worth the money and time. I'm only sad I didn't get a good shot of the otters. They were adorable.

I'm not one for entrapped animals, but the Vancouver
Aquarium is really a learning centre and a home to a few rescued animals, as well as a huge part of Vancouver culture. It gets my approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment