Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Thing: Bagels


Recently, my mom suggested a new way to play the "What's your favorite food?" game. She introduced an idea that I'm sure has been thought of before, but was new to my 7-year-old sister who loves to learn people's favorites. It is this: favorite foods can be sorted into 2 categories:

1 - The 'last meal of your entire life, ever' foods.

and

2 - The 'eat everyday for the rest of your life' foods.

For me, however, bagels fall into both of these categories and thus, I'm sure can be determined as my ultimate favorite food. This month, anyways. I reserve the right to detract this statement at any given time.

Although they take the prize for most delicious and most delicious over extended periods of time, any old bagel will not do. It must be fresh and it must be toasted and smothered in cream cheese. A cinnamon raisin bagel will not do, as it is weird with cream cheese and a blueberry bagel is frowned upon- too sweet. Favorites are: plain, whole wheat, cheese and the everything bagel. If you really want to impress me, add lots of capers, thinly sliced red onion and a thick chunk of lox. I love bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment